The Parks & Recreation Department is comprised of three main "centers" and two indoor sports/fitness facilities, as well as numerous parks and outdoor sports facilities. Normal operating hours for the recreation centers and indoor sports/fitness facilities are:
- Atlantic Recreation Center* (2500 Atlantic Ave): Monday-Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm, Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center* (1200 Elm Street): Monday-Friday from 9:00am-6:00pm
- Peck Center* (516 South 10th Street): Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
- Coach Nelson P. Williams, Jr./Peck Gymnasium* (510 South 10th Street): Monday-Friday from 11:00am-7:00pm (extended hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for evening programs)
- Atlantic Fitness Room* (at the Atlantic Recreation Center): Monday-Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm, Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm
*These centers/facilities are closed on the following observed City Holidays: New Year's Day; Martin Luther King Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Juneteenth; Independence Day; Labor Day; Veterans' Day; Thanksgiving; Day After Thanksgiving; Christmas Eve; and Christmas Day.
Rental Information and Rates