Fernandina Beach Information Center
The Fernandina Beach Information Center (FBIC) will be activated when a Hurricane Warning is issued for this area.
When the FBIC is actived you may call (904) 321-5911 for storm related information. Stay tuned to your local TV and Radio stations for weather updates.
The Nassau County EOC telephone number is (904) 548-4980.
The number for Florida Public Utilities (FPU) is (904) 261-3663. If you wish to reach them on nights and weekends please call (904) 277-1977.
Hurricane Preparations should be made in advance – before the Hurricane Season.
- Have a Red Cross family disaster plan and make sure every member of the family is familiar with it.
- Preparing for Disaster - information from FEMA and the American Red Cross
- Check homeowners insurance and make any necessary adjustments.
- Assemble a Disaster Kit.
- Actions that can be taken to be Red Cross Ready.
- Have an evacuation route planned with alternative routes.
- Stay tuned to local weather stations or websites for updates.
For More Information
For more information, please contact your local emergency management office or American Red Cross chapter.
Additional booklets and preparedness materials can be found online at the following web sites: