The Building Department ensures development proposals comply with building codes and ordinances, regulations and standards set forth by the Florida Building Code and other regulatory agencies. The department reviews building plans and oversees the City permit issuance process, performing prompt and thorough inspections at the various stages of constructions.
- For questions relating to Building Codes, Electric Codes, Mechanical Codes, Plumbing Codes, or ADA Codes call (904) 310-3135 or email our Interim Building Official Art Barthlow at email@example.com.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but our Permit Page link is down. We are building and implementing our new Citizen Self Service permitting system. We are hoping to complete the Citizen Self Service side of our system by the beginning of April 2019. Click to View our 2018-2019 Building Fee Schedule
- To report after-hours unpermitted construction-related activities, please call (904) 310-3135 select the Building Department, and leave a message.
- Online Permit and Application Search
- Addressing Requirements for Residential and Commercial Buildings
- Window and Door Minimum Submittal Specifications for Wind Loading
- After House Call Center for Unpermitted Construction & Related Activities
- Electrical Service Enclosures and Entrances Memorandum
- Florida Building Code Exemptions
- Contact the Building Department
- Department Forms and Documentation
- Request to Withhold Collection of Impact Fees
- Tips for Hiring Contractors
- Analysis of Changes for the 5th Edition Florida Building Code