Beach Accesses and Beach Accessibiity
Beach Accesses in the City limits, listed from north to south:
- Ferriera Access: #16N. No parking.
- North Beach Park Access: #12N. Parking. ADA accessibility.
- 6th Street Access: #9N. No parking.
- 3rd Street Access: #6N. No parking.
- 1st Street Access: #4N. No parking.
- Dolphin Street Access: Main Beach Park. Parking. ADA accessibility.
- Nassau Access: #1. No parking.
- Amelia Access: #2. No parking.
- Alabama Access: #5. Parking.
- New York Access: #6. Parking.
- Maryland Access: #8. Parking.
- Jasmine Access. #9. Parking.
- Wisconsin Access: #10. No parking.
- Kentucky Access: #10S. No parking.
- Colorado Access: #11. No parking.
- Jefferson Access: #13. No parking.
- Access #14. No parking.
- Madison Access: #15. No parking.
- Cleveland Access: #16. No parking.
- Roosevelt Access: #18. No parking.
- Seaside Park Access. Parking. ADA accessibility.
- John Robas Access: #21. No parking.
- B Street Access: #21S. No parking.
- C Street Access: #22. No parking.
- D Street Access: #23. No parking.
- Askins Access: #24. Parking.
- Mizell Access: #25. Parking.
- Allen Access: #27. Parking.
- North Casino Access: #28. Parking.
- South Casino Access: #29. Parking.
- Simmons Access: #30. Parking.
- Hutchins Access: #31. Parking.
- Oklawaha Acess: #33. No parking.
- Mantanzas Access: #34. Parking. ADA accessibility.
- Manatee Access: #35. Parking.
- Suwanee Access: #35S. Parking.
- Kissimmee Access: #36. Parking.
- Alachua Access: #37. Parking.
- Osceola Access: #38. Parking.
- Ozello Access: #39. Parking.
- Pasco Access: #40. Parking.
Mobi-Mat at Main Beach
The City of Fernandina Beach has a Mobi-Mat semi-permanently installed at the Main Beach boardwalk access ramp. This environmentally-friendly ADA-compliant matting provides safe and easy access for wheelchairs, strollers, and walkers to maneuver on the beach sand. The matting is made completely from recycled plastic bottles.
The Parks & Recreation Department has three (3) upright beach wheelchairs and one (1) Mobi floating wheelchair available for reservations at the Atlantic Recreation Center. A refundable security deposit of $100 per chair, paid with a current and valid major credit card (Visa or MasterCard), and driver's license are required. Please call the Atlantic Recreation Center at 904-310-3350 for availability and reservations.
- Beach wheelchairs may be reserved for up to 7 consecutive days. Reservations may be made up to 1 year in advance.
- Mobi-chair: Although this wheelchair floats, it is not a boat. The sitting position is stable, and a person will not slip out of the chair under normal conditions of use. However, for safety reasons, a life jacket is required for non-swimmers. This chair is not recommended for use in bodies of water with strong currents or waves.
- If any damages occur to a reserved beach wheelchair during use that exceed $100, then additional charges will be assessed.
Three (3) upright beach wheelchairs available for reservations. Call 904-310-3350.
Mobi floating wheelchair