This "sport" is a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a badminton-sized court with a net close to the ground, where players use paddles and a small wiffle ball. Find out more at www.pickleball.com or www.usapa.org.
Open pickleball is played at the Central Park Pickleball Courts, behind Tennis Courts Number 3 & 4 at the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Six (6) lighted pickleball courts are available. The gates at the courts are locked. Gate keys may be purchased at the Atlantic Recreation Center during normal operating hours for $20 (Monday - Friday from 7:00am-7:00pm, Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm).
For information about the Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates, an informal group that organizes play at the Central Park pickleball courts and provides equipment, click on the following link: FB Pickleball Pirates; or follow Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates on Facebook.
Reserved group play schedule (as of 6/21/2020)*:
- Sunday: 3:00 - 4:00pm - Beginners’ play (rating levels 1.0 to 2.5)
- Sunday: 4:00 - 6:00pm - Social Play with challenge court (rating levels 3.0+)
- Monday: 8:00 - 10:00am - Women’s Open Play (all levels) on Courts 1 - 4
- Monday: 4:00 - 6:00pm - Rating levels 3.5+ on Courts 1, 5, and 6; rating levels 4.0+ on Courts 2 - 4
- Tuesday: 8:00 - 10:00am - Rating levels 3.0, 3.5+
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 12:00pm - Rating levels 2.0, 2.5, & 3.0
- Wednesday: 4:00 - 6:00pm - Rating levels 3.0, 3.5+ with challenge court
- Thursday: 8:00 - 10:00am - Men’s Open Play (all levels) on Courts 1 - 4
- Thursday: 6:30 - 8:30pm - Night time social play (all levels)
- Friday: 8:00 - 10:00am - Rating levels 3.0, 3.5+
- Friday: 10:00am - 12:00pm - Rating levels 2.0, 2.5, & 3.0
- Saturday: 6:30 - 8:30pm - Night time social play (all levels)
*Players are reminded to bring their own hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing when waiting for courts.
Not sure what playing level you are? Click on the following link for a description of the levels listed above: What level am I? Opens a New Window.
If you would like to be added to the group email list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org