Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A high quality video file sent to the building department can be used for HVAC change-out inspections provided they are clear and provide sufficient detail an
Standard Operating Procedure for a video tape inspection for HVAC change outs (residential only)
• A high quality video file sent to the building department can be used for HVAC change-out inspections provided they are clear and provide sufficient detail and clarity .
• This can only be used for change-outs that do not include any new electrical circuits, or other building changes.
• Video must be filmed in a continuous manner with no editing, following the procedure outlined below:
1. Start filming at the street showing the address and then front of the property.
2. State your name, date and time.
3. Walk from the street to the posted permit and zoom in on the permit number, address and details for the scope of work.
4. Walk over to the circuit breaker panel and film the breakers for the equipment, showing breaker size and labeling.
5. Walk over to the air handler. Show:a. size of heat strip is written on front of unit, showing the voltage of servi ce and over current protection required for the unit. If there are multiple units, they must be marked to identify at the service panel.b. Placement of the unit so we can see that it has proper required access.c. Conden sate drains with shut off devices.d. Disconnect and associated wir ing. Is the circuit wiring sized prope rly for the heat strip used?e. Sealing of any ductwork attached to the unit.f. If located in a mechanical closet off a garage, verify integrity of fire rated separation of garage to the living area.g. Confirm over current protection matches unit requirement.
6. Walk over to the condenser(s). Show:a. Unit is pro perly located: per manufacturer's requirements; set back; elevation (if in flood zone).b. Unit is properly anchored .c. Unit has safety caps on ports.d. Condensate lines are insulated and coated for UV protection.?e. Condensate lines and electrical lines are properly secur ed.f. Labeled if there is more than one.
At this point the inspection is complete. Inspection can be submitted online through the online portal.