Historic District Council (HDC) Member Binder
Welcome to the Historic District Council (HDC).
The Historic District Council is the City’s primary agency responsible for furthering historic preservation within the city.
As a board member there are multiple resources that you will often reference in your research and decision-making process. In previous years, new board members were provided with a large binder that contained many of these items such as the Land Development Code, District Guidelines, etc. In an effort to conserve resources and ensure our board members have the most up to date information, we have migrated this collection of resources to a digital format. This “virtual board member binder” is intended to serve as a central information point to the most commonly used board resources.
We hope this new format will make your service to the board easier and more enjoyable. Thank you for serving to preserve and protect the architectural and cultural heritage of the City of Fernandina Beach.
- HDC Administrative Procedures
- Land Development Code Chapter 9: Boards & Commissions
- Florida Commission on Ethics Guide to the Sunshine Amendment and Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees
- Form 8B Memorandum of Voting Conflict for County, Municipal, and Other Local Public Officers
- 2021 Historic District Council (HDC) Meeting Schedule
- HDC Policy Memo Regarding Meeting Times and Agendas
- Historic District Council (HDC) Member List
- City of Fernandina Beach Official Calendar @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Downtown Historic District Design Guidelines
- Old Town Fernandina Preservation and Development Guidelines
- Waterfront Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Guidelines
- Land Development Code (Historic Districts & Waterfront Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) are Chapter 8)
- City of Fernandina Beach Comprehensive Plan (Goal 11 is the Historic Preservation Element)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Amelia Island Museum of History Digital Archive
- Florida Memory: State Library and Archives of Florida
- Florida Trust for Historic Preservation
- National Alliance for Preservation Commissions
- National Park Service (NPS) Technical Preservation Briefs
- National Register of Historic Places
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- University of Florida Digital Archives: Fernandina Beach Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>