This sport is a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a badminton-sized court with a net close to the ground, where players use paddles and a small wiffle ball. Find out more at www.pickleball.com or www.usapa.org.
Pickleball is played at the Central Park Pickleball Courts, behind Tennis Courts Number 3 & 4 at the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Six (6) lighted pickleball courts are available until 10:00pm daily. The gates at the courts are unlocked. Restrooms, a water fountain, and AED are nearby.
For information about the Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates, an advisory group that organizes play at the Central Park Pickleball Courts and provides equipment during DROP-IN Play (balls and loaner paddles) , follow Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates on Facebook.
DROP-IN Play schedule (as of 01/23/2023)**:
- Sunday: 2:00 - 4:00pm - Introduction to Pickleball (wear athletic clothing and court shoes) and Beginners’ play (rating levels 1.0 - 2.5)
- Sunday: 4:00 - 6:00pm - All levels on Courts 1 - 6
- Monday: 8:00 - 10:00am - Women’s Play (all levels) on Courts 1 - 4; Beginner's Play (levels 1.0 - 2.5) on Courts 5 & 6
- Monday: 4:00 - 7:00pm - Advanced Competitive Play (levels 4.0+) on Courts 1 - 6 with Challenge Court on Court 4
- Tuesday: 8:00am - 12:00pm - Intermediate Play (levels 3.0 & 3.5) on Courts 1 - 6
- Wednesday: 4:00 - 6:00pm - Intermediate Play (levels 3.0 & 3.5) on Courts 1 - 6
- Thursday: 8:00am - 12:00pm - All levels on Courts 1 - 6
- Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm - Intermediate Play (levels 3.0 & 3.5) on Courts 1 - 6
**Players are reminded to bring their own hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing when waiting for courts.
Not sure what playing level you are? Click on the following link for a description of the levels listed above: What level am I? Opens a New Window.
If you would like to be added to the group email list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org